Most men are pretty straightforward when it comes to keeping them happy – you’re not going to need a degree in quantum mechanics to figure out what makes him tick. When men hear their girlfriends or wives complementing them it’ll probably cause a weird reaction at first, especially if you’ve never called them cute names before, so if he doesn’t “get it” the first time then don’t give up on him. He probably thinks you’re looking for him to do something around the house so be patient with the big lug that he is.
By the way when I say “cute things” what I’m really talking about here is flattering his ego and appealing to his manliness – what you’re really looking for here is to push his “hunter gatherer” buttons and allow him to take a compliment that still allows him to feel as manly as is possible. Basically guys love to be appreciated and it only takes a little bit of appreciation to get a whole lot of loving and attention from him in return.
So here’s a selection of cute things to tell your boyfriend that tells him you’re happy with how he’s treating you and that you’re loving being with him.
- You make me feel so safe when you’re around, I’ve never had that before.
- I feel like I’m an open book to you and I have nothing to hide.
- I’d always wished for a knight in shining armor when I was younger and it looks like I finally found him.
- My friends keep telling me how luck I am to have a guy like you!
- You can always make me smile, even when I really don’t feel like smiling.
- No matter what I need help with or when I need it you’re always there for me and I love you for that.
- I’ve never met a guy who can pick the perfect gift for me every single time.
- I always wish you were here just after you’ve left.
- Do you mind if I borrow your shirt or t-shirt – I love how you smell!
- Just the thoughts of being close to you sends shivers up my spine.
- I love how you look after you work out – all that sweat is sexy.
- I think that other girl was just checking you out – she has good taste!
Now some of these might seem like cheesy things to say to your boyfriend but just remember you’re not proposing here – these are cute things to say to a boyfriend to make him smile and to show him that you appreciate him. Most guys don’t need to be fawned over or taken care of like a kid but they do like to know that they’re doing a good “job” of keeping you happy.
Remember that both men and women think with their emotional brain first and their logical brain second, so appeal to his better emotions and he’ll be like a puppy on a leash. Never, ever use this stuff to manipulate a guy though – once he realizes what you’re doing (manipulating him I mean) it will be game over for you for good.
Just remember that the list of 12 cute things to say to your boyfriend here is just a sample and that I know you’ll be able to come up with your own. Look at what he’s interested in, look at what makes him happy and put a cute spin on that – the more relevant it is to him the more he’s going to appreciate those little things you’re telling him.
So ladies what things do you say to your boyfriend to get his attention, make him smile or put him in the mood for love? It’d be great to see what other women reading this blog think so why not take a few seconds to share your Top 3 favorite things you say to your boyfriend here!